About Us

Who We Are?

At My Disrepair Claims, we are dedicated to assisting tenants in the UK who are struggling with disrepair issues and negligent landlords. So, if you are facing ongoing housing disrepair issues, we are here to help you obtain the compensation and repairs that you rightfully deserve. We work in light of  following three primary legislations in the UK:

We work with Anderson Smith Law and use our legal expertise to hold negligent landlords, local councils, and housing associations accountable for the disrepair. We understand and empathise with the physical, emotional and financial stress from poorly maintained property. Therefore, we always work and advocate for the best interests of tenants following the legislation in the UK.

about us

Our Housing Disrepair Claims Process

Steps-6-updated-v-02 (1)

What Makes Us Unique?

Our team of experienced professionals specialises in housing disrepair claims. We deeply understand the relevant legislation in the UK, including the Landlord and Tenant Act 1985, the Defective Premises Act 1972, and the Homes Act 2018 (Fitness for Human Habitation Act). With our knowledge and expertise, we can effectively navigate the complexities of housing disrepair claims. We believe in fighting for what’s rightfully yours. We aim to help you claim compensation for stress, loss, and/or injury caused by housing disrepair. Additionally, we work diligently to ensure that your property undergoes quick and effective repair work, making it suitable for habitation once again.
Multi-stepsss Form

No-Win, No Fee Claims

Is your home owned by the local council or housing association?

No-Win, No Fee Claims

What is the disrepair?
Select all options that apply

Please select at least one option.

No-Win, No Fee Claims

Where in the UK are you from?

Please select either England or Wales.

You are qualified for housing disrepair claim, fill in below detail to initiate the process.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Thank you for providing us with your contact details and answering our questions. One of our experts in housing disrepair claims will contact you shortly to discuss your situation further. During the call, we will ask you more questions about the circumstances of your claim.

Based on the information you provide,we will need to arrange triage in order to assess the worth of your claim, and advise you on the next steps necessary to pursue a successful claim and repairs.

You can help progress your claim by submitting evidence of the damage to your property by responding to the email sent to your email address. Helpful evidence includes the following:

  1. Photographs of the damage and disrepair
  2. Screenshots of emails/messages sent to the council/housing association

Note: You are not obligated to use our service; all work is carried out on a no-win, no-fee basis.

Have a great day ahead!

Unfortunately, we are unable to help you with your claim.

Please ensure that you satisfy housing disrepair claim criteria. The general criteria to qualify for claiming housing disrepair compensation are as follows:

  1. There needs to be disrepair present in your house
  2. The local council or housing association should own the home
  3. The disrepair issue is reported (also requires communication evidence)
  4. The landlord has not completed the repairs within a reasonable time
  5. While having more than £1000 in rent arrears doesn't invalidate your claim, it can adversely affect how the court or housing authority views your situation.
  6. It's important to note that housing laws and regulations can differ between Scotland, Northern Ireland, and England. We, at My Disrepair Claims, cover only England and Wales.